What is a SMS short code?
Why use a SMS short code?
Compared to a regular 10-digit number or 10-digit long code (10DLC), SMS short codes provide various advantages:
- Short codes are easy to remember. They may be used in a variety of ways, including internet, print, radio, and other offline advertising platforms. You may also quickly design new keywords to see which marketing channels are effective and which are not.
- They’re clearly a business phone number. When someone receives a message from a short code, they know it is from a company or organization and not from a friend.
- Users may search up short numbers in an SMS short code directory, which can offer your text marketing more authority.
- Short code text messages are substantially faster than regular 10-digit phone numbers in terms of delivery. It has the ability to send 100 messages per second. A text campaign for 10,000 individuals would take just over four minutes to send. The extra speed of short codes is critical if you’re hosting a flash sale or limited-time promotion.
- Short codes can only be used to send and receive text messages; they cannot be used to make phone calls.